Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Time For A New Groove

Well, it certainly has been a while since I last updated our blog...it is amazing how fast the days slip by without even realizing it. Time to slow down? Perhaps. Today marks the first day of the cycle for Marc at OCS and we are interested to see how his new job as a Platoon Commander pans out for us. Admittedly, we have been terribly spoiled here the last year and a half, as his work schedule has been quite relaxed - only a few long-houred work weeks scattered throughout each cycle - and family time was in abundance. Now, with him working at the company level, his presence will be demanded much more at OCS and he will be scarce on the home front over the next 10 weeks. Despite our disappointment in having less time as a family, I am actually feeling quite positive about it all, as it will be a good reminder to us what military life generally consists of. Not only will it get our family back in Marine Corps mode, but it will also serve as an awesome opportunity for us to grow as a family. While I've never been fond of Marc's absences, I usually switch into solo-gear rather well and without much problem; focusing on how I can use these solitary evenings (once the kids are in bed, of course!) to my benefit. And, while Marc has made it clear that he is less than thrilled about being away from the kids and I so much, there is no doubt in either of our minds that he will thoroughly enjoy this new job. If there is one thing Marc truly enjoys, it is working one-on-one with Marines (or, in this case, candidates) and training them.

1 comment:

Gaffney said...

Can't wait to see evidence of your Holly time! I am sewing, again... Luke has EWS on Tuesday nights.