Saturday, June 19, 2010

Long time, no blog!

Topsail Island




Greetings from Camp Lejeune!

We hope this finds you and your families doing well and enjoying the sunshine and warmer temps as much as we are...Ok, maybe we're more like "melting" down here, as it seems NC wasted no time skipping right through spring and launching into full-on late summer heat - but at least we have the beach, right? :)

Marc made it off mid-May to train in California and is expected to return at the end of this month -- and we can't wait! We have been in touch with him semi-regularly and he is doing well and really appreciating the opportunity to train, educate and build camaraderie with the 20 marine team he will be taking in Afghanistan later this summer.

Shortly after he left the kids and I moved into our new home aboard the base and we can't wait to show him our new home. The move was, umm...how can I say this as nicely as possible? Challenging. Our house, unfortunately, slipped through the cracks and - to spare you all the laundry list of details - just wasn't ready to be moved into when we (and our truck full of household goods) arrived. Praises be to God for providing the kids and I with helpful friends and a mother-in-law who flew down to help...without them I really don't know how I would have tackled everything that was required without them! Anyway, we are settling in nicely and are really enjoying our new home. The kids, Max and I are equally enjoying life with a front and back yard once again...life with a teensy front yard in Quantico that practically plopped the kids off in the street had deprived me of realizing just how relaxing it can be outside with the kids! It truly is such a joy to watch the kids run around our large, tree-filled yard doing all the things I remember doing when I was little.

Anyway, I am going to give my best crack at updating our blog regularly - something that has completely gone to the wayside the past year - as the coming months are bound to bring much to update about. I'll be sure to shoot out an email to let you all know when I get that going again...

:-)




1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.