Friday, July 10, 2009

Gracie and Liam, at a glance...

Liam is currently 14 months old and is a little boy on the go-go! Unlike our soft-spoken Gracie, Liam is, well, loud! Whether he is excited, happy, sad, mad or frustrated, they all equal the same thing: screaming. He is incredibly silly and loves to dance. In fact, the other afternoon I cranked up an old 80's tune, Walkin' On Sunshine, and he immediately broke into dance...I laughed so hard I cried! His language is slowly improving..."Mama", "Dada", "Doggy", and "Go-Go-Go!" are his favorite things to say. What is on Liam's bookshelf these days, you ask? His current faves are Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Go Dogs, Go!, and Inside Outside Upside Down. As far as how Liam likes to spend his days, he is really quite happy wherever he is. Whether we hit the park, nature trail, go for a walk, swim, or just stay put at the house, he tends to find joy in just about anything!

It really brings us such joy to see Gracie and Liam playing their little games and enjoying each other!


Gracie is growing and learning more with each and every day. I was amazed when I sat down to do a ladybug alphabet puzzle with her the other day to find that she can accurately identify almost every letter of the alphabet (M's, N's and Z's tend to confuse her most)! Her love for books continues and she is really enjoying the magazine subscription to High Five that her Grandma Ann bought her for Easter. Her love for helping in the kitchen continues, and that is something I love equally. I have really enjoyed teaching her about different foods, cooking with her and watching her try new flavors...in fact, while making a black bean dip this afternoon I found her happily munching on leaves of cilantro!



While having a backyard that isn't exactly level is often a source of irritation, when the rain pours it instantly turns a boring slab of concrete into a fun-filled water-wonderland in the rain!





No comments: