Friday, July 24, 2009

Adventures in Baltimore

We were thrilled to learn that our family from Oklahoma would be vacationing out our way in D.C. this past week! Although Marc's surgery made it difficult to spend as much time with them as we would have liked, it was wonderful to see them. The kiddos and I loaded up the van on Wednesday and ventured into Baltimore with plans to spend the afternoon with them before they continued on their travels...

After a journey into Maryland taking longer than expected (I am no longer surprised by the unexpected D.C. traffic jams here) we enjoyed a fast-paced harbor side reunion with our beloved family, complete with a yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Naturally, there was a shortage of time to adequately catch up, but such is the way it goes when your visits are few and far between, right? Despite a three hour car ride and a napless afternoon, Gracie and Liam were in great spirits and had a great time exploring the harbor and getting acquainted with my Aunt and Uncle and Jaimi, Jaclyn and Nicholas.

By the time our afternoon came to an end, the kids were exhausted, our bellies were full and we were soaking wet (thanks to an unexpected downpour)! It was a delightful way to spend our day and I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to visit with them - albeit short. :) Our only disappointment was that Marc was unable to join us, as he is still early in his recovery.


Aunt Amy and I sneaking a quick post-downpour snapshot!

I truly cannot believe that these two darling young ladies are "little" Jaimi and Jaclyn!

Gracie had officially entered into her "I am waaaay past nap time" haze.


Not the most opportune place to snap our pictures, but the whole unexpected downpour sorta threw a wrench into our gorgeous harbor photo plans!




1 comment:

Gaffney said...

Glad you had some visitors and that you are blogging more regularly!